Create a movie but for a plot

Moderators: Frank, paul, Hiwot, Chris, peter

bendesarts

Create a movie but for a plot

Postby bendesarts » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:01 pm

Hello,

For presentation purpose, i would like to display :
1) a video of my 3D animation
2) but also, in the same time, a video of a plot.

For the point 1), that is OK. i manage to make a video.

But the point 2), i don't know how to make a video which display a plot in the process of drawing. For the moment, i only manage to display the finished plot.

Question : how can i make a video of the evolution of a plot ?

I hope the decription of my need was enough clear.

Thanks a lot for your help.

paul

Re: Create a movie but for a plot

Postby paul » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:39 am

Hello Bendesarts,

Good question. To capture the combined behavior of the graph and 3D plots, I would recommend to use an external tool that is made for these GUI capturing issues. We use FastStoneCapture (or sometimes Camtasia) for this, and that works perfectly.

Hope this helps,
Paul
member 20-sim development team

bendesarts

Postby bendesarts » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:56 pm

Thank you for your answer.
I have tried your solution. It is interesting and quiet easy to do.
The only disavantage is that the time of calculation is different from the time of simulation (after calculation). Moreover, i believe that the plotting can stay for a long time in the same position when the solver has difficult to calculate and consequently, the plotting is not realized at the same speed.

bendesarts

Postby bendesarts » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:24 am

Hello,

I have noticed an upgrade in the 4.5 version on this topic "Plots and 3D animations can be shown in Full Screen Mode".
I have tried to experiment this in the new bond graph example (Trolley with load). So, I can now visualize the plots and 3D animations in the same time.
Is it possible to make a movie to display in the same time the evolution in the plots and the 3D animations ? For example, in this example, the time simulation is 20s but the calculation is far quicker than 20s almost immediate. How is it possible to slow down the display in order the see the evolution of both plots and 3D animations ? In other words, is it possible to control (like for the 3D animations) the evolution of the plots ?
The idea is that I would like to be able to visualize a 3D animation and, in the same time, the evolution of the corresponding plots.
I thank you for your feedback and tips.

Return to “Simulator”