Exporting code to matlab

Report your bugs here.

Moderators: Frank, paul, Hiwot, Chris, peter

jvkersch

Exporting code to matlab

Postby jvkersch » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:23 pm

When exporting a model made with the 3d mechanics editor to matlab, the following problem shows up.

The model fails to run because a function "xxinvhomogeneous" is missing. Upon inspection, there is indeed no such function anywhere in my code, but there is a function "xxinversehomogeneous". Am I right in assuming that the latter is the one which is needed?

As far as I can tell, the code runs fine when changing xxinvhomogeneous into xxinversehomogeneous, but I might be wrong; I'm still having some problems using my model in Matlab.

paul

Re: Exporting code to matlab

Postby paul » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:45 pm

jvkersch wrote:When exporting a model made with the 3d mechanics editor to matlab, the following problem shows up.

The model fails to run because a function "xxinvhomogeneous" is missing. Upon inspection, there is indeed no such function anywhere in my code, but there is a function "xxinversehomogeneous". Am I right in assuming that the latter is the one which is needed?

As far as I can tell, the code runs fine when changing xxinvhomogeneous into xxinversehomogeneous, but I might be wrong; I'm still having some problems using my model in Matlab.

Thanks for the bug report! That is indeed the function that you need to use.

What integration method do you use in 20-sim and in Matlab?
member 20-sim development team

jvkersch

Re: Exporting code to matlab

Postby jvkersch » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:19 pm

paul wrote:What integration method do you use in 20-sim and in Matlab?

If I'm not mistaken, it's BDF. To get some hands-on experience, I just wanted to simulate a falling body so I took a standard body and a sensor for the z-coordinate; I didn't change any of the standard experiment parameters.

Return to “Bugs”